Shopping in Bogota is quite unique. There are entire districts dedicated to one commodity so you can find a leather district, eye glasses district, bicycle district, furniture district, hammock district and so many more.
~BBQ (Propane tanks and gas)
~CLOTHING AND KNITWEAR
~CURTAINS AND BLINDS
—-—HOME DECOR STORES
~FLOWERS and FLORISTS
~GROCERY STORES AND MARKETS
—-—SPECIALTY FOOD STORES
~MALLS/SHOPPING CENTERS/CENTRO COMERCIALES
- Abasto, Carrera 6 No. 119B – 56, Phone: 21 51 286, Fresh bread and jams available
- Bageltime, Calle 98 No. 10-32, T: 635 0572/ 635 -627
- Cascabel, They have many branches all over the city. www.cascabel.com
- Capital Bagels, Calle 95 No. 11A – 51, T: 753 7307 or 523 1889
- Castellana 104, Avenida 19 No. 104-49, T 214 1475
- Corteza (Karina and Esteban Pomenta), Car. 7 Bix No. 124 – 69, Tell: 796-8332, firstname.lastname@example.org , Different products available daily which can be ordered by email and picked up in Usaquen. Small cafe with different daily lunch menus.
- Home Baked Cupcakes and Muffins, Carrera 13 No. 94A-26 Local 3, T 479 6303, email@example.com
- Ixcacau, Calle 70 No. 9-83, T 321 7434, www.ixcacau.com
- Jacques Pasteleria and Panaderia, Calle 109 No. 20-82, T 6209458. A great place to take visitors, reminiscent of Versailles.
- Myriam Camhi, Calle 116 No.7-05, www.myriamcamhi.com
- Vanilla Catering, 310 6370677 or 312 3672367, vanillacatering@gmail. com, Fresh organic breads, dips, homemade jams, fresh tofu and vegetarian burgers.
- Orquidea, Andino Mall, www.orquideainc.com
- Bodegón del Chef is a cooking equipment store. www.bodegondelcheff.com
- Patricia Marquez, 314-248-4282 www.sweetbogota.com,firstname.lastname@example.org, she speaks perfect English, studied in the States. Her cakes are amazing!!
- Adriana Noriega, 310 2399072, email@example.com, I tried a cake she did for a children’s birthday party and LOVED it! (a very moist “vainilla and arequipe ponqué”), She can also decorate it with the characters you want.
- Marina Flores, 318 338 6905, Angry birds cake, nerfgun cake
- Nicolucas, If you take a picture or photograph of what you want, they will have a custom made cake for you in a few days. They also have ready to go decorated cakes. You get to choose the filling also. Nicolucas is all over Bogotá but there is one on the calle 116 midway between the Av. 15 and Av. 19. Tel 5225520
- Tartalina, Catalina Pardo. You can visit her site http://www.tartalina.comor look it up on Facebook as Tartalina. There are lots of pictures and she can bake and decorate pretty much any cake you want.
- Pro Gas, Carrera 24 No. 36-21, T 269 2055, gas tanks and refills
- Charles Michel Rojas, 1.5Km via Sopo – La Calera, C 310 6793721. Charles Michel also gives private individual or group classes at his residence, and provides all the materials.
- Baby Ganga, Calle 116 No. 15B-44, T 486 5050
- Eureka, Carrera 12 No.93-78, T 616 4834
- Imaginarium, Calle 122 No. 17-25, T 637 3275
- Pepe Ganga, Unicentro Mall, www.pepeganga.com
- Christina Mejia, Carrera 14 No. 14-83-26 Local 7, T 236 2807 C 300 820 5606
Químicos Campota y Cía Ltda, Cl 13 13-27, (01) 342 288 2, (01) 2834604
- Choco Q, www.chocoq.co
- Chocolateria Luisa Brun, Carrera 11A No. 93A-18, T 611 5434, www.luisabrunchocolates.com
- Country Show, Carrera 11 No. 138-18 Local 3, T 625 1592/604 6113.
- Calle 53 from Carrera 20 to Avenida Caracas is full of craft stores. They have Christmas decorations starting in late October.
- Elian and Angela 3103125757
- Arte Y Peltre, Pewter dishes and decorative items, Calle 183 No. 7C-20, T 670 5976
- Artesanias Carandai , (AKA The Tray Man, Rafael Vergars) Beautiful wooden and horn trays, Transversal 92 Bis 129C-36 Suba Rincon, T 6803714 C 3112643221
- Tybso Vajillas Gourmet, Calle 145 No. 50-64, T 2169809, C 310 6894763, www.tybso.com
- Glass Factory Azúl (recycled glass, they supply Andres Carne de Res), Calle 7 Sur No. 5-12, T 2469003 / 2800089 / 2804303 / 3332299
- Artesanias de Colombia, a government agency operates stores which carry a wide variety of crafts in every major city. Colombia has a vibrant folk culture, and handicrafts (artesanias) are produced in many parts of the country. For more information and locations, please go to www.artesaniasdecolombia.com.co.
- Cachivaches, Carrera 6A No. 119-21, T 213 3182
- Home Center, Av. Carrera 9 No 152A – 23, www.homecenter.com.co/homecenter-co
- Home Sentry, Calle 127C No. 45-81. T (571) 6151515 Ext 3031 http://www.homesentry.co/
- Ktronics, Carrera 7 No. 124-97, www.ktronix.com,
- Unilago, Carrera 15 No. 78 – 33, T 610 3349, www.unilago.com
- El Gran Jordan, Calle 118 No. 19A-34, T 601 1398
- Flores de Saron, Calle 119 No. 14-30, T 213 6657
- Flores del Jardin, Carrera 8B No. 106-03, T 637 1632
- Paquetes, Carrera 17 No. 109-21, T 214 2847, www.paquetes-regalos.com
- Rosen Tantau, Maria Victoria Jimenez “Vicki”, C 305 722 4705/320 313 9737, firstname.lastname@example.org, Organized tours of flower nurseries also available; speaks English
- Paloquemao Market, http://www.plazadepaloquemao.com, go early on Tuesday morning for a staggering array of fresh flowers at rock bottom prices.
- Taller de Edgard Rodriguez SAS, Carrera 20 No. 89-39, T 621 9319/616 3224
- Leovigildo Vargas, T 480-3651 C 315-849-8747, email@example.com, he will pick up and deliver.
- Nelson Orozco M., T 239-0990 C 321-424-8382, firstname.lastname@example.org, His clientele are mainly Canadians, Australians and Americans. He has a booth at the market close to Hacienda Santa Barbara.
- Casa Antica, Carrera 5 No. 119B-57, T 619 3182 C 310 303 1559
- Muebles Rusticos Punta Larga, Km. 7 Via Duitama (Boyaca)
- La Carreta : Jose Maria Ramirez 311 209 6129/312 480 5491
- San Pedro: Pedro Nel Alba Farias (098) 763 1587 C 311 455 5745
- Paloediseno, Carrera 93 No. 131C-04 – SUBA SANTA ANA, T 6850018 C 3134210584
- Todo en Muebles Rusticos y Clasicos, Jose Ignacio Machuca, C 320 233 2864, Rustic wooden furniture
Most stores offer delivery services as well as do most restaurants.Download the apps Mercadoni and Rappi for 1 hour delivery from a wide variety of stores.
- Olimpica, This is similar to Carulla with slightly different options and also has a pharmacy. http://www.olimpica.com, you can order home delivery by phone at 6064000. Carries fresh milk called Primma.
- Jumbo (formerly Carrefour), This former French chain has a larger selection of items including electronics and bedding. The closest one is in Santa Ana Mall.Carries fresh milk called Primma.
- Exito, Like Superstore. The closest one is in Unicentro Mall but given how crowded the mall usually is, it is easier to go to the one on Calle 135 and Avenida 9.Order online at http://www.exito.com/
- Codabas Market, Carrera 7 No. 180-75, T 674 7404, Huge market with fresh fruit and vegetables, meat, sweet potatoes and specialty stores.
- Carulla, Carulla is like Loblaws and also has a pharmacy. Pomona is another supermarket linked to Carulla but offering slightly more high-end and rare items. The closest one is on Calle 121 just above Carrera 7. A larger one is at Calle 116 near Carrera 15. Order online at https://www.carulla.com/account/logging.jsp
- Alkosto, AV. Carrera 68 N° 72 – 43, Like Costco but no membership required. www.alkosto.com
- Paloquemao Market, Calle 19 No. 22, Wholesale market for everything but especially noted for the flower market early in the morning. It is best to go early on Tuesdays in the morning around sunrise to get the full experience (and fresh flowers). http://www.plazadepaloquemao.com
- PriceSmart, a U.S. warehouse shopping experience. A membership card is required on entry. Order online at https://shop.pricesmart.com/co/sp/inclub
- Rigoletto, 0312566975 Cra 13 86A-37 sells freshly made pastas and sauces.
- Surtifruver, This chain has a great selection of fresh fruits and vegetables. The closest one is at Transversal 13A near Calle 119 but the larger one on Avenida 9 No. 135 has a larger selection. www.surtifruverdelasabana.com
- The Market, Carrera 19 #125-10, T (1) 4661740, imported goods from the U.S.
While some of the above have a selection of organic food, the following places sell/deliver only organic meat and vegetable products.
- Clorofila, T 269 6088/93, www.clorofilaorganico.com
- Equipo Gabeno, email@example.com, T 321 774 5036, 320 490 8984, 621 8151
- The Green Market, Calle 91 No.13A-14, T 5301617
- Pollos Periquita (Organic chicken), Calle 11A No. 91-07, T 611.0018
- Mercados Organicos, C 310 5548809 or 8608548, http://la-canasta.org, Not certified organic but they do not use pesticides; delivered to your home.
- Cendismar (La Granja Marina), Calle 69 #20 – 49, T 312 6665, Large selection of seafood, lamb, Canadian duck, Asian condiments and frozen food.
- Global Gourmet, Carrera 19 No. 123-52, T 637 5887,
Global Gourmet in Chico, Cra 14 No. 90-12, Their phone number is 256 7911 or 311 278 1408. They have tapioca flour and tapioca.
http://globalgourmetmarket.com/, Asian ingredients, spices.
- Pacific Fish (www.pacific.com.co) for fish
- Hipermar (www.hipermarfish.com) for fish.
- Koller also known as Koyomad SA is a specialty meat store, Calle 95 No.19-29, T 520 5230, http://www.koyomad.com/
- La Fazenda, www.lafazenda.com.co
- Mullen’s Homemade English Sausages, Philip Mullen makes homemade English pork sausages and South African boerewors as well as a variety of other sausages. If you have a recipe he can make them for you.T 807 3437, C 301 434 8273
- Ciro Alfonso Chona Vasquez, C 315 3018071, Colombiagems@hotmail.com. For beautifully designed emerald jewelry.
- La Tagueria, Carrera 33 No. 10-94, T 370 2732 C 313 872 8872, www.latagueria.com, they make stunning jewelry out of Tagua seeds from the Amazonas.
- Galeria Cano, Carrera 12 No. 84-07, T 635 0506, Beads, www.galeriacano.com.co
- Galerias Minas de Colombia, Calle 20 No. 0-86 Este (Diagonal a la Quinta de Bolivar), T 281 6523 C 342-0552, emeralds at very reasonable prices. www.galeriaminasdecolombia.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lee Wasson Emeralds, T 2831661 C 3103046753, www.leewasson.com
- Plata A La Carta, Calle 93A No. 11A-84 Local 208, T 376 0856, http://plataalacarta.blogspot.com/
- Poporo -Arte Precolombino, Cra. 59 No. 5B-04, T 290-6253 C 310-246-7669, www.poporoprecolombino.com. She can come to your house if you wish to buy more than a few pieces.
- Tourmalina & Durango, Av. 82 No. 12A-10, T 610.0320, www.turmalinaydurando.com
- Leather District : Corner of Carrera 23 and Calle 63F
- Alpie shoes, Calle 17, No. 19-33 sur, www.alpie.com. Clothes, shoes & belts
- Mamboa, Carrera 27A No. 73-72, T 231-8540/703 0393 C 315-341 9088, Leather carpets. email@example.com
- MU bags, Calle 85, no. 12-95, T 2573941, www.mubags.net. Beautiful leather bags and different kinds of accessories.
- “Yo reinaré” bags, Calle 102A, No. 70C-14, T 2539723 or 2539748, www.yoreinare.com
- Verkaik, C 313 4991669 or 311 2327286, www.verkaikleather.com. Custom Leather belts.
- Marcela Gómez, www.marcelagomezdesigner.com. Purses, wallets, computer bags, and accessories in man-made materials.
- Stella Botas, Diagonal 61C No. 27A-14, T 248 0823/217 8662, for custom made boots of all shapes. and sizes.Bring a boot along and she will copy it. firstname.lastname@example.org
There are many shopping malls in the city but most popular are Andino, Hacienda Santa Barbara, Palatino and Unicentro. For a complete listing of shopping malls and outlet centres, check out this website:http://www.bogotatravelguide.com/where-to-shop-in-bogota.php
- SANTA ANA
- SANTA BARBARA
- SANTA FE
- There are two weekend street markets with arts and handicrafts in Usaquén. The first one is right beside the Hacienda Santa Bárbara.Carrera 6 # 119-120A and Carrera 5A # 120A-07. The second market called Mercado de Pulgas is above the parking lot at Carrera 5 and 119B.
- The San Alejo Flea Market on Sunday is at Carrera 7 # 24-70
- Parque Virrey flower market Call 88 con Cra 15
- Placita Móvil market http://www.placitamovil.com/
- Wednesdays at Calle 71 con carrera 1, Quebrada la vieja
- Thursdays,Jueves, Carrera 10 con Cll 127 C, Recodo del country
- Friday mornings at 10, Calle 88 con Cra 19b, Parc Virrey
- Saturdays Calle 76 con carrera 1, Cai Rosales
- Codabas Market, Carrera 7 No. 180-75, T 674 7404, Huge market with fresh fruit and vegetables, meat, sweet potatoes and specialty stores. http://codabas.com/
- Paloquemao Market, Calle 19 No. 22, Wholesale market for everything but especially noted for the flower market early in the morning. It is best to go early on Tuesdays in the morning around sunrise to get the full experience (and fresh flowers). It also has sweet potatoes! http://www.plazadepaloquemao.com
Most of the grocery shops like Carulla and Olimpica have an inhouse pharmacy but for a larger selection try:
- Farmatodo http://www.farmatodo.com.co/. Order online with an account.
- Locatel http://www.locatelcolombia.com/tiendas-locatel
- Tatoo Bogotá 122, Teléfonos: +(571) 629 9949 Email: email@example.com Dirección: Calle 122 # 18-30
- Decathlon: www.decathlon.com.co
- Panamericana, Unicentro Mall Local 146, www.panamericana.com.co
Office Depot, Cl. 116 #18B-70, (1) 2144022